Our CIC is run by people who are passionate about promoting the independence of people in need and the professionals already supporting those people. We wanted to make people’s lives easier with the range of services we provide. Our team comes with a wealth of experience of dealing with the vulnerable in our society. Although our services are predominantly delivered in Coventry, Warwickshire and adjoining counties, they can be delivered anywhere throughout the United Kingdom.
In the beginning
In 2014 we knew what we wanted to do and setting-up in business was the easy part, followed by the not so easy, being employers and facing a learning curve with hurdles to overcome along the way, but almost 2 years on we are still here and the business and our reputation are growing.
Income and profits
The money that we make benefits groups of people that we work with. So far we have worked with local Foodbanks by regularly donating:
- advent calendars
- Christmas gifts
- school uniforms etc
We also hold fund raising events and have donated to the local Breast Cancer and Neonatal Units and helped homeless charities.
Services we provide
We pride ourselves in being a unique organisation in providing a wide range of person centred services:
Social Care Department
We provide Independent Social Care Services such as:
- Access to independent Occupational Therapy Assessments
- Healthcare check listing
- Mental Capacity Assessments
- Lasting power of Attorney
- Welfare reports
- Specialist advocacy
We offer Therapeutic Arts including art, drama, dance and music as well as pet therapy and petting services. The dogs and miniature horse we use are temperament tested and covered by insurance.
Our Support Services Team offer a range of services including:
- accompanying to appointments or trips out
- check-in service for families’ relatives that want to go on holiday but want that peace of mind
- companionship at home (preventing social isolation)
- handyman services
- hair and nails at home
- helping with changes of accommodation
- hospital inpatient and discharge
- meal preparation and support around meal times
- sitting service to give carer a break
- supporting for families who live abroad
- supporting people in transition from a residential environment to their own home
We also offer one-off services:
- Appropriate Adult (representing vulnerable people that find themselves in the Justice system). Our staff are PACE trained
- Corporate Appointees appointed by the Department of Work and Pensions. We can manage the benefit income of those unable to do so. We can also help with budgeting
- Funeral planning
One of the many highlights in 2015
We set-up Dementia Café in Coventry which has since become a Community Outreach Café. The cafe delivers services to socially isolated and rural communities. All these services are provided by using our own staff.
Taking that extra step in being a social enterprise
We got accredited as a genuine social enterprise by the Social Enterprise Mark CIC. This accreditation is an independent guarantee that means we put the interests of people and planet above shareholder gain. We also had to prove our commitment to using profits and income to create benefits for society and the environment.
Women Who Awards 2016
In 2016 we were selected as finalists for the Women Who Awards and were absolutely overwhelmed to have won the award!
To win this award was a great accolade that we were getting it right!
To keep in touch, sign up to email updates from this blog, or follow us on Twitter.